Myth Buster: Common Candle Calamities
Our solutions to solve common candle problems...
1. Never leave a candle burning unattended - it is a naked flame after all!
2. Burn well out of reach of children and pets - be safe, not sorry.
3. Keep well away from flammable items - see above!
4. Observe minimum distance between two burning candles - burning candles should never meet.
5. Only stand on inflammable surfaces - use suitable containers or candleholders - we have a huge selection of candle accessories that look great and will help you to burn your candles safely.
6. Do not expose the candle to draughts or other air flows e.g. radiators - see our \'disappearing wick\' section!
7. Keep the burning bowl free of impurities and flammable materials - you don\'t want anything else burning but your candle!
8. Extinguish sooting, flickering candles - trim the wick and/or rim before re-igniting - see our section on \'sooting\'.
9. Do not move the candle so long as the wax in the burning bowl is still liquid - molten wax burns!
10. Never extinguish burning candles with water - wax can splash up and burn you - ouch... If you have any other burning questions, check out our frequently asked questions.