Many people think we might be a bit behind the times up in the country, but we know we’re up to date with the latest technology and processes to help us save energy and take care of the environment. We've even won the Insider Made in the North West Award for Green Innovation!
Wax Lyrical Ltd recognises that our business activities interact with the environment in many ways. These activities have an impact in the key areas of:
- Raw material use;
- Energy use;
- Generation of waste materials;
- Work practises.
We recognise that we have a responsibiity to help protect the environment wherever we can, be a responsible neighbour and to provide a comfortable environment for all our lovely employees to work in. To do this, we are committed to:
- Continual improvement in the environmental impact of our business activities;
- Preventing pollution wherever possible;
- Complying with all relevant legal, customer and other third party requirements;
- Adopting best practices applicable to our activities wherever it is practical to do so;
- Reducing of our carbon footprint;
- Recycling wherever possible;
- Reducing energy consumption and investigating renewable sources;
- Using our resources efficiently and reducing waste materials.
We know we will achieve these commitments by taking action, such as:
- The implementation and maintenance of an Environmental Management System that is independently certified as compliant with ISO 14001:2004.
- Employing processes that identify the aspects of our business that have an environmental impact and quantifying the significance of each aspect.
- Setting objectives for reducing our environmental impact and maintaining an environmental performance improvement programme to enable them to be achieved.
- Ensuring that our employees, suppliers and customers are aware of any support required by them to support our commitments and environmental objectives.
- Training our employees in good environmental protection practices and encouraging employee involvement in environmental improvement initiatives.
- Continually monitoring the environmental impact of our business activities.
The implementation of this Environmental Policy is fundamental to the success of Wax Lyrical as a business and is hugely supported by all our employees as an integral part of our daily work – from switching off lights, to recycling paper, to the introduction of our wind turbine, we’re fully committed to helping our environment in any way we can.
This policy is publicly available to interested external parties upon request.